White Chocolate and Raspberry Croissant Pudding
- 5 croissants, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
- 100g white chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 cup cream
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced).
2. To make the custard: In a medium saucepan, combine cream, milk, sugar and extract; bring to the boil.
3. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, whisking constantly; gradually add hot milk mixture to egg mixture.
4. Grease a shallow 2-litre (8-cup) ovenproof dish.
5. Layer croissant slices, overlapping slightly, in dish; dollop spoonfuls of jam over slices. Sprinkle with chocolate and berries.
6. Pour custard over the top; stand for 5 minutes.
7. Place dish in large overproof baking dish; add enough boiling water to come halfway up sides of dish.
8. Bake for about 1 hour, or until pudding sets.
9. Remove pudding from dish; stand for 5 minutes before serving.