Laurel’s Christmas Roast Vegetable Salad with Pomegranate Seeds
- 4 carrots, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 250g baby beetroot, quartered 4 parsnips, peeled, quartered and the core removed if tough
- 3 red onions, halved then cut into wedges
- 1 spring each of fresh thyme, sage, rosemary and oregano (if not, a light sprinkling of mixed herbs)
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated but not peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 130g bag baby spinach
- ⅓ cup crispy shallots (from the International section)
- 200g walnuts, toasted
- 200g soft feta, crumbled
- 1 bunch fresh Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 pomegranate
Recipe brought to you by Laurel - Food Specialist from Countdown
"This is a great do ahead Christmas dish as it's almost better the next day!" - Laurel
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
2. Toss the vegetables, herbs and garlic together with the olive oil , season then pour into a roasting dish and cook until golden and soft, about 20 minutes.
3. Place the spinach onto a large platter, place the vegetables on top, squeeze the garlic out of their skins, over the veges. Sprinkle over the shallots, walnuts, feta and parsley.
4. Just before serving, scatter over the pomegranate seeds and drizzle with the balsamic.
Tip: If pre-preparing this dish, simply bring the vegetables to room temperature, then layer up the salad as above.
• Energy 1844Kj • Protein 12g • Total Fat 33g • Saturated Fat 7g • Carbohydrates 20g • Sugars 16g • Sodium 293mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation