Roast Vegetable & Sour Cream Tart
- 1½ sheets frozen puff pastry, just thawed
- 300g sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp plain flour
- ⅔ cup coarsely grated swiss cheese
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 400g leftover roasted vegetables (see tip)
- 100g leftover sliced ham, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Line a 30cm round pizza tray with baking paper.
2. Overlap pastry sheets slightly; press to join. Lift pastry onto tray; trim excess. Freeze for 15 minutes.
3. Line pastry with baking paper; top with dried beans or uncooked rice, leaving a 4cm border (this will allow the pastry to puff up and create a shell). Bake for 10 minutes. Remove paper and beans; bake for a further 10 minutes or until browned lightly. Cool. Reduce oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
4. In a medium bowl, whisk sour cream and eggs until combined. Whisk in flour, then cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Spread sour cream mixture on pastry shell; arrange vegetables and ham on top.
6. Bake tart for 30 minutes or until golden and set.
7. In a small bowl, combine chopped parsley, oil and juice.
8. Serve tart topped with parsley dressing and extra parsley leaves. Season with ground pepper.
Tip You can use any mixture of roasted vegetables for this tart. vegetables such as courgette, potato, carrots, onion, kumara, cauliflower, capsicum and asparagus, would all work well.
• Energy 1835Kj • Protein 13g • Total Fat 35g • Saturated Fat 19g • Carbohydrates 19g • Sugars 4g • Sodium 533mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation