Asparagus Croque Madame
- 1 egg
- 3 asparagus spears
- 1 slice white bread
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 slices ham
- 2 slices swiss or edam cheese
- Pepper, to taste
1. Place egg in a small saucepan; cover with cold water. Cover and bring to the boil, then remove lid. Boil for 5 minutes; drain. Place under cold running water. When cool enough to handle, peel.
2. Meanwhile, blanch asparagus in a saucepan of boiling water; drain.
3. Grill bread under a hot grill for 1 minute on each side or until golden. Spread toasted bread with butter and mustard. Top with ham, asparagus and cheese. Grill for 1 minute or until cheese melts. Top with halved egg. Season to taste with pepper.
• Energy 1715Kj • Protein 31g • Total Fat 323g • Saturated Fat 11g • Carbohydrates 20g • Sugars 4g • Sodium 1525mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation