Pineapple Mustard Glazed Ham
- 6kg cooked 1/2 leg of ham, skin on
- Chargrilled pineapple rings to serve (optional)
- Italian parsley, to serve
- Pineapple Mustard Glaze
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tsp chilli powder
1. To make pineapple mustard glaze, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
2. Preheat a covered barbecue on a high heat with hood closed.
3. Remove skin from ham by pushing your fingers in between the meat and the skin, leave a generous covering of fat on the meat. Carefully pull the skin back as you continue to work over the meat. Cut off at the bone and discard the skin. Score fat diagonally to create diamond shapes.
4. Place ham in a large, deep baking dish. Wrap shank in foil. Brush ham with half the glaze. Reduce barbecue heat to medium and cook ham with hood closed, using indirect heat, following manufacturer’s
instructions, for 30 minutes. Brush with remaining glaze and cook with hood closed for a further 45 minutes or until caramelised.
5. Remove ham from barbecue, cover loosely with foil and rest for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with char-grilled pineapple rings, if using, and parsley.
Tip: You can use pearl couscous instead of regular couscous. Follow the cooking directions on the packet.
• Energy 2594Kj • Protein 67g • Total Fat 35g • Saturated Fat 11g • Carbohydrates 9g • Sugars 9g • Sodium 550mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.