Vegan French Toast
- 8 slices day-old brioche or bread
- 1 very ripe banana
- 400ml coconut milk
1. Mash 1 very ripe banana in a medium bowl with a fork. Gradually stir in the coconut milk.
2. Dip bread slices, one at a time, into banana mixture. Cook for 1 minute each side or until golden.Transfer to a plate; cover to keep warm. Wipe pan clean with a paper towel; repeat with remaining banana, coconut mixture and bread.
3. Serve with fruit, maple syrup, cinnamon sugar or lemon and sugar.
Tip: A great way to use up stale bread for breakfast.
• Energy 1574Kj • Protein 7g • Total Fat 23g • Saturated Fat 17g • Carbohydrates 34g • Sugars 8g • Sodium 313mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation