Apple & Sage Relish
- 3 large green apples
- 30g butter
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh sage
- ½ tsp cinnamon
1. Peel, core apples and chop coarsely.
2. Heat 30g butter in a pan over medium heat; stir in 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage; cook 2 minutes.
3. Stir in apple, ½ cup water and ½ teaspoon cinnamon; simmer 10 minutes or until soft; crush apple with the back of the spoon to a chunky sauce consistency. If apples are tart add a pinch of sugar.
• Energy 63Kj • Protein 0g • Total Fat 1g • Saturated Fat 1g • Carbohydrates 1g • Sugars 1g • Sodium 7mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation