Tian of Vegetables with Herbs & Parmesan
- 3 small courgettes
- 2 small eggplants
- 2 medium orange kumara
- 1 medium red kumara
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 150g store bought pesto
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 4 medium vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced thickly
- 300g buffalo mozzarella, drained, torn
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced)
2. Using a mandolin or very sharp knife, carefully slice zucchini on the diagonal into 1cm (½in) thick ovals; place in a large bowl. Cut eggplant and sweet potatoes into 2mm thick rounds. Add to bowl with 2 tablespoons of the oil; season well. Toss to combine.
3. Reserve ¼ cup of the pesto. Pulse chickpeas, remaining pesto and Parmesan in a small food processor until very coarsely combined. Spoon three-quarters of the chickpea mixture over the base of a 3-litre, 22cm x 30cm shallow ovenproof dish.
4. Arrange vegetables in overlapping layers over chickpea mixture. Cover dish with foil; bake for 50 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Place tomatoes in the gaps; sprinkle with remaining chickpea mixture and remaining oil. Bake, uncovered, for a further 15 minutes or until golden and vegetables are cooked through.
5. Top tian with mozzarella, drizzle with remaining pesto and scatter with basil. Season to taste.
You can use purple kumara instead of orange, if preferred.
• Energy 2489Kj • Protein 27g • Total Fat 37g • Saturated Fat 11g • Carbohydrates 34g • Sugars 13g • Sodium 582mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation