Triple chocolate fudge
- 330g caster sugar
- 110g firmly packed brown sugar
- 100g dark eating chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 2 Tbsp glucose syrup
- 125ml cream
- 60ml milk
- 40g butter
- 200g white eating chocolate, melted
- 50g milk eating chocolate, melted
1. Grease and line an 8cm x 26cm bar cake pan with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above sides.
2. In a small saucepan, stir together sugars, dark chocolate, syrup, cream and milk over heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves. Once the sugar is dissolved, bring syrup to the boil; boil, uncovered, without stirring, until syrup reaches 116°C on a sugar thermometer. Remove pan immediately from heat, leaving thermometer in mixture; add butter, do not stir.
3. Cool fudge for about 40 minutes or until mixture drops to 40°C. Remove the thermometer.
4. Stir fudge with a wooden spoon about 10 minutes or until a small amount dropped from the spoon holds its shape. Spread fudge into cake pan; smooth surface. Cover with foil; stand at room temperature 2 hours.
5. Spread white chocolate over fudge, drizzle with milk chocolate. Pull a skewer through the chocolate topping for a marbled effect. Refrigerate fudge 3 hours or overnight.
6. Remove fudge from pan; cut in half lengthways before slicing thinly.
Tip: You will need a sugar (candy) thermometer, available from kitchenware stores, for this recipe.
• Energy 381Kj • Protein 1g • Total Fat 4g • Saturated Fat 2g • Carbohydrates 13g • Sugars 13g • Sodium 14mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation