Roasted Cauliflower with Crunchy Topping
- 1.3kg whole cauliflower with leaves intact
- 1 cup fortified wine (Ormond rich cream)
- ¼ cup white (shiro) miso paste
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup sliced brazil nuts
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Coriander leaves, optional, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced)
2. Cut a cross in base of cauliflower with a sharp knife. Place cauliflower in a large cast iron casserole or heavy-based deep roasting pan; pour in sherry.
3. Combine miso, maple syrup, oil, ginger and garlic in a small bowl; season. Spread miso mixture over cauliflower. Cover dish with lid or foil; roast for 20 minutes. Roast, uncovered, for a further 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender and browned lightly.
4. Meanwhile, place brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds on an oven tray. Roast on a separate shelf for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Top cauliflower with seed mixture and coriander, if using; season to taste.
If you don’t have space in your oven to cook a whole cauliflower, cut it into eight wedges and lay them flat in a roasting pan; roast for the second amount of cooking time.
• Energy 1107Kj • Protein 5g • Total Fat 12g • Saturated Fat 2g • Carbohydrates 21g • Sugars 18g • Sodium 502mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation