- 170g asparagus, trimmed
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100g firm fresh ricotta
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 green onions (scallion), chopped, plus extra to serve
1. Pour boiling water over asparagus in a heatproof bowl, stand for 2 minutes; drain.
2. Meanwhile, whisk eggs, milk and cheese in a large jug; season.
3. Heat oil in an 18cm frying pan over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook for 3 minutes, scraping edge of the mixture into centre of pan. Top with chunks of ricotta, asparagus, tomato and green onion; season. Cook frittata, covered with a lid or foil, over low-medium heat for 6 minutes or until egg is just set.
4. Cut into wedges; serve warm, sprinkled with extra green onion, if you like.
This recipe is a great way to use up leftover meat, sausages, chicken and cooked vegetables. Heat the leftover ingredients in the pan first in step 3 before adding the egg mixture.
Use baby spinach leaves, cooked zucchini or broccoli florets in place of the asparagus, if you like.
• Energy 578Kj • Protein 10g • Total Fat 10g • Saturated Fat 4g • Carbohydrates 2g • Sugars 2g • Sodium 177mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation