Prawn Cocktail Platter
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3kg cooked jumbo prawns, de-veined with tails intact
- 4 baby cos lettuces, cut into wedges, or loose baby leaf lettuce
- 4 small avocados, cut into wedges
- Micro herbs, optional, to serve
- Cocktail Sauce
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- ⅔ cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1½ Tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Tabasco
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
1. To make lemon dressing, combine rind, juice, oil and half the chives in a small jug. Season to taste.
2. In a separate bowl, make cocktail sauce by mixing all the ingredients together.
3. Arrange lettuce on a large platter; drizzle with a little of the lemon dressing.
4. Arrange prawns and avocado on lettuce; drizzle with remaining lemon dressing. Scatter with remaining chives and micro herbs, if using. Season to taste; serve with cocktail sauce.
Tip: Cocktail sauce can be made up 2 days ahead and refrigerated in an airtight container. Prawns can be shelled a day ahead and refrigerated.
• Energy 3479Kj • Protein 93g • Total Fat 47g • Saturated Fat 12g • Carbohydrates 8g • Sugars 6g • Sodium 2306mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation