Raspberry Almond Trifle
- 2 x 85g packets raspberry jelly crystals
- 500g strawberries
- 250g raspberries
- 270g sponge cake, cut into 3cm cubes
- 1/3 cup sweet sherry or orange juice
- 500g mascarpone
- 2 x 500g cartons vanilla custard
- 600ml thickened cream
- 2 Tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- 2 Tbsp flaked natural almonds
1. Make jelly according to directions on packet; pour into a 3-litre (12-cup) glass serving bowl. Cut 250g of the strawberries in half; add to the jelly with half the raspberries. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until almost set.
2. Place cake in a medium bowl, sprinkle with sherry or orange juice; toss to coat.
3. In a large bowl, beat mascarpone and custard with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Spoon custard mixture over the jelly; top with sherry-soaked cake.
4. Beat cream and half the sifted icing sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Spoon cream over cake.
5. Serve trifle topped with remaining sliced strawberries, raspberries and the flaked almonds. Dust with remaining icing sugar.
Tip: This trifle can be made 1 day ahead up to the end of step 3; store, covered, in the fridge.
• Energy 2734Kj • Protein 8g • Total Fat 48g • Saturated Fat 32g • Carbohydrates 44g • Sugars 36g • Sodium 211mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation