Prawn, Fennel and Tomato Fettuccine
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 375g fresh fettuccine
- 1 bulb fennel, finely sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 500g prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp capers, rinsed, drained
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
- 1/4 cup dill, chopped
- Salt to season
1. Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. Place tomatoes on tray and drizzle with oil. Season to taste. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
3. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet instructions. Drain and return to pan.
4. Add remaining oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Sauté fennel, onion and lemon zest for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
5. Add prawns and capers, frying for 2-3 minutes, until prawns are almost cooked through.
6. Stir cream and tomatoes through. Simmer for 1-2 minutes.
7. Toss sauce through pasta with dill. Season to taste.