Baked Ricotta with Truss Tomatoes, Bacon and Rocket
- 500g smooth ricotta cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 Tbsp coarsely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 250g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 8 rindless bacon slices
- 250g rocket, trimmed
- 1/2 cup tomato relish
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease four 1/2 cup (125ml) ovenproof dishes.
2. Combine ricotta, egg yolks, Parmesan, chives and oregano in a medium bowl. Season to taste. Spoon mixture into dishes; smooth the surface. Sprinkle
with thyme and chilli flakes; drizzle with half the oil.
3. Bake ricotta for about 20 minutes or until golden and set. Stand 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, place tomatoes on an oven tray; drizzle with remaining oil. Bake for about 10 minutes or until softened.
5. Cook bacon in a large frying pan until browned and crisp. Drain on paper towels.
6. Serve ricotta with tomatoes, bacon, rocket and tomato relish.