Broccoli Mac & Blue Cheese
- 400g broccoli, cut into florets
- 300g dried macaroni
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 250g crème fraîche
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 200g cheddar cheese, grated
- 100g mild-tasting blue cheese
- ⅓ cup coarsely chopped dry roasted almonds
1. Place broccoli, macaroni, salt and 2½ cups boiling water into a large saucepan, stir to combine. Cook with a lid over a low-medium heat for 15 minutes or until water is almost absorbed and pasta is slightly firm.
2. Stir in milk, crème fraîche, Dijon mustard, cheddar and blue cheese. Cook for a further 5 minutes; season. (The sauce will look wet, but will thicken on standing.)
3. Divide into bowls; sprinkle with dry roasted almonds to serve.