Warm Baked Camembert with Honey & Pear
- Large (280g) wheel of Camembert
- 2 large cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey, plus extra to serve
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp rosemary leaves
- 2 medium pears, unpeeled, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
2. Cut a 10x10 cm square of baking paper, and place unwrapped Camembert in the middle.
3. Wrap tinfoil tightly around the baking paper and Camembert, leaving the top open. Place into an oven proof dish.
4. Score surface of Camembert in a criss-cross pattern at 2cm intervals, 1cm deep. Push garlic into cuts. Drizzle oil over Camembert, then honey. Wet thyme and bay leaf, then place with rosemary on top of camembert.
5. Roast in oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is very soft.
6. Serve cheese with sliced pear, drizzled with extra honey.
Tip: You can make this with a smaller wheel of Camembert, just halve the quantities of the other ingredients.