Pear Crumble Overnight Oats
- 4 1/2 cups traditional rolled oats
- 4 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- Pear Crumble Topping
- 25 g butter
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 pears, cut into 5mm-thick slices
- 1 cup granola, to serve
1. Place oats, milk and honey in a large airtight container or jar, mixing well to combine. Seal with lid. Refrigerate overnight to soak.
2. To make pear crumble topping, place butter, sugar, cinnamon and 1/4 cup water in a frying pan and cook, stirring, over medium heat for 2 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Add pear and cook, basting frequently, for 3 minutes or until pear is tender and begins to caramelise.
3. Spoon 1 1/2 cups oat mixture into a bowl. To serve warm, microwave oat mixture, stirring halfway, on high for 1 minute 15 seconds or until warmed through. Spoon over pear crumble topping and serve sprinkled with granola.
Tip: Make the pear topping ahead of time and refrigerate for up to three days. Microwave on high for 25 seconds before using.