Quick Risotto With Bacon, Pumpkin & Peas
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 20 g butter
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250 g middle bacon rashers, rind removed, diced
- 750 g pumpkin, diced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 3 cups Campbell's Salt-Reduced Chicken Real Stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan
1. Heat oil and butter in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and bacon. Cook for 8 minutes or until soft. Add pumpkin and rice. Stir until well combined.
2. Add 1/2 cup Campbell's Chicken Real Stock and stir to combine. Bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute or until absorbed. Add remaining stock and bring to the boil. Cover pan, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 12 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
3. Add peas and 3/4 cup of parmesan. Gently stir until combined. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan and serve.
Tip: you can add any leftover veggies you have, such as asparagus, zucchini or cabbage