Ham and Cheese Palmier
- 2 Countdown Puff Pastry Sheets
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 200g shaved ham
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 1 egg
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat an oven to 200°C. Line two oven trays with baking paper.
2. Place the pastry sheets onto a lightly floured bench.
3. Spread each one with Dijon mustard, then layer the ham on top.
4. Combine the cheese with the egg in a small bowl. Spread over the ham. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Roll one edge into the middle, then roll the opposite side into the middle creating the palmier shape. Press gently together in the middle. Cut into 1.5 cm pieces and place cut side down on the baking tray.
6. Place into the oven for 15 minutes until puffed and golden. Remove and cool slightly before eating.