Banana Tart Tatin
- 50 g butter
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 4 medium bananas, cut length ways then halved
- 2 tsp orange zest
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 Countdown Puff Pastry Sheet
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Preheat an oven to 200°C.
2. In a 20-22cm oven proof frying pan, melt the butter with the sugar over a low heat until it turns a caramel colour.
3. Arrange the bananas on top of the caramel in a fan shape, cut side down. Sprinkle with orange zest and nutmeg.
4. Place the sheet of pastry over the top tucking it in to fit snuggly.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the pastry is puffed and golden.
6. Remove and rest for a few minutes before tipping carefully onto a serving plate.
7. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Tip: If you don’t have an oven proof frying pan, make the caramel then pour into the base of a cake tin.