Fish & Potato Pie
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 leeks, halved, washed, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 60g butter, plus 10g extra for brushing
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 x 150g firm white fish fillets, such as Gurnard, cubed
- 2 x 150g salmon fillets, cubed
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp dill, snipped
- 4 large potatoes, peeled, boiled whole
- Salad, to serve
- Bread, to serve
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium. Cook leek and garlic for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft but not brown.
2. Increase heat to high, add butter and stir until melted. Add flour and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring. Remove pan from heat and stir through milk. Return pan to medium heat and bring to a gentle simmer, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in fish and simmer for 2 minutes.
3. Remove pan from heat and stir through spring onion and dill. Pour into a large ovenproof dish.
4. Cut cooked potatoes into 5mm slices and arrange over fish. Melt remaining butter and brush over potato. Place under a preheated grill, away from heat, for 8-10 minutes, until golden. Serve with salad and bread.
PER SERVE • Energy 2588Kj • Protein 36g • Total Fat 37g • Saturated Fat 14g • Carbohydrates 33g • Sugars 12g • Sodium 228mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.