Cheat's Pork & Fennel Lasagne
- 400g silverbeet, leaves and stems separated
- 2/3 cup fresh sage leaves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1kg Italian-style pork and fennel sausages, skins removed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 750g smooth soft ricotta
- 3/4 cup pouring cream
- 1 ½ cups Parmesan, finely grated
- 375g fresh lasagne sheets
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease a 3.25-litre ovenproof dish.
2. Finely chop silverbeet stems and leaves, then finely chop half the sage.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over high heat. Add sausages, onion, garlic, silverbeet stems and chopped sage. Cook, breaking up sausage meat with a wooden spoon, for 20 minutes or until browned.
4. Add silverbeet leaves and wine in two batches. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and bring to the boil, cooking for 5 minutes. Season to taste.
5. Whisk ricotta, cream and 1 ¼ cups of the Parmesan in a large bowl until smooth. Season. Spread ½ cup of sausage mixture over the base of the prepared dish. Top with a quarter of the lasagne sheets. Spread with half of the remaining sausage mixture. Top again with another quarter of the lasagne sheets.
6. Spread with half the ricotta mixture. Repeat layering with another quarter of the lasagne sheets, remaining sausage mixture, remaining lasagne sheets and finishing with remaining ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
7. Bake for 50 minutes or until golden and pasta is tender. Stand for 15 minutes before serving.
PER SERVE • Energy 3197Kj • Protein 40g • Total Fat 54g • Saturated Fat 24g • Carbohydrates 22g • Sugars 8g • Sodium 1725mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation