Chicken & Thyme One-pan Pie
- Salt, to season
- Pepper, to season
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 800g chicken thigh fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 large leek, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup plain flou
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large ovenproof frying pan over high heat. Cook chicken in batches, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from the pan.
3. In the same pan cook the leek, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, thyme and almonds. Cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant. Return chicken to the pan, add the flour and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Gradually stir in stock, bringing to the boil. Reduce heat to low-medium and simmer, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until thickened slightly. Season to taste. Cool for 10 minutes.
4. Trim pastry to fit the top of the pan. Cut pastry off-cuts into decorative shapes. Top pie with pastry shapes, brushing with egg wash.
5. Bake pie for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden. Serve topped with extra thyme.
• Energy 3422Kj • Protein 50g • Total Fat 52g • Saturated Fat 21g • Carbohydrates 36g • Sugars 5g • Sodium 1327mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.