Roast Leg of Pork with Pears & Parsnips
- 2.5kg pork leg roast, bone in, rind on
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- 2 small red onions, quartered
- 2 medium parsnips, quartered
- 4 small firm pears, quartered, cored
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, extra
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
2. Score pork rind with a sharp knife; rub with oil then salt. Place pork in a large shallow baking dish. Roast, uncovered, 20 minutes.
3. Reduce oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced); roast pork, uncovered, for a further 2 hours.
4. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Place, as a single layer, on an oven tray. Roast, uncovered, for the last 45 minutes of pork roasting time or until tender. Season to taste.
5. Remove pork from oven and cover loosely with foil; stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
6. Serve with roast vegetables and pears on the side.
PER SERVE • Energy 2588Kj • Protein 50g • Total Fat 37g • Saturated Fat 13g • Carbohydrates 19g • Sugars 16g • Sodium 813mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation