- 3 cups self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 60 g butter salted, cubed
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, plus ¼ cup, grated
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 cup pumpkin, cooked and then mashed
- 1/2 cup milk
- butter, to serve
1. Preheat an oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan-forced). Lightly dust a baking tray with flour.
2.Place the flour into a large bowl. Add the butter, nutmeg and salt, rubbing together to combine until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir through the cheese and parsley.
3.In a jug, whisk together the mashed pumpkin and milk. Pour into the centre of the dry ingredients combining to form the dough.
4. Place onto a lightly floured bench kneading together. Roll the dough to a 2cm thickness and cut into nine circles using a cutter, roughly 4cm each in diameter. Place onto a baking tray and sprinkle with a little extra cheese. Place into the oven for 18 minutes until lightly golden. Cool on a wire rack.
5. Serve with butter while warm.
Energy 1288Kj • Protein 10g • Total Fat 13g • Saturated Fat 8g • Carbohydrates 37g • Sugars 3g • Sodium 586mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation