- 80g butter, softened
- 3 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Whipped cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease a 1.5 litre ovenproof dish.
2. Beat the butter, zest and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until pale. Beat in the egg yolks, one at a time, until thick. Stir in the flour, milk and lemon juice. Stir well to combine.
3. Beat the egg whites in a clean small bowl with an electric mixer until firm peaks form. Lightly fold through the lemon mixture. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and bake for about 35 minutes or until the top is golden and just firm to the touch.
4. To serve, dust with sifted icing sugar and whipped cream.
PER SERVE • Energy 689Kj • Protein 4g • Total Fat 9g • Saturated Fat 5g • Carbohydrates 17g • Sugars 14g • Sodium 109mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation