Gluten Free Mandarin Drizzle Cake
- 180g butter, softened
- 1 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt
- 1/4 cup fresh mandarin juice
- Zest of 4 mandarins
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh mandarin juice
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (160°C fan-forced). Line a 23cm springform tin.
2. Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until pale and light. Add in the yoghurt, orange juice and zest, beating briefly until combined. It will curdle but don't worry, it's meant to.
3. In a separate, large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Fold in to the wet mixture and stir until just combined. Scrape into your prepared tin and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Run a knife around the edge of the cake, but leave it in the tin to cool. Transfer to a serving plate.
4. To make the syrup, bring orange juice and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan, cooking until it thickens slightly.
5. Arrange orange slices over cooled cake and when ready to serve, spoon over warm syrup.
PER SERVE • Energy 1843Kj • Protein 8g • Total Fat 26g • Saturated Fat 13g • Carbohydrates 41g • Sugars 35g • Sodium 222mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation