Pan Roasted Chicken with Lemon Couscous
- 4 chicken legs, skin on
- 1 Tbsp Moroccan seasoning mix
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 325g pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into small wedges
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup couscous
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp paprika, to serve
- 200g baba ganoush, to serve
1. Pat chicken legs dry with paper towel. Rub Moroccan seasoning over chicken.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large, deep frying pan on medium. Cook chicken for 5 minutes on each side, or until brown.
3. Add 1/2 cup of stock. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken and any remaining stock. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
4. Heat remaining oil in same pan on medium. Cook pumpkin and onion for 5 minutes, or until softened and starting to colour. Add remaining stock; cover and cook for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
5. Add couscous and stir. Remove from heat and cover; stand for 5 minutes. Add coriander and lemon zest; fluff up with a fork.
6. Top lemon couscous with chicken and paprika, and serve with baba ganoush.
PER SERVE • Energy 4223kj • Protein 55g • Total Fat 59g • Saturated Fat 17g • Carbohydrates 63g • Sugars 10g • Sodium 829mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation