VJ Cooks' Curried Sausages
- 500g beef sausages
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp mild curry powder
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 500ml beef stock
- 2 Tbsp fruit chutney
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Parsley leaves, to serve
- Mashed potato or cooked rice, to serve
1. Brown sausages on each side in a large frying pan, remove from pan and set aside.
2. Add onion and carrot to the pan. Cook stirring for a few minutes. Add butter and stir until it melts.
3. Sprinkle in curry powder and stir for 30 seconds, then add flour and mix for 30 seconds.
4. Slowly pour in beef stock and stir in chutney.
5. Slice sausages into 1cm thick pieces and add back to the pan.
6. Stir everything together and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes until sausages are cooked through and sauce thickens.
7. Stir in peas and cook for 2 minutes until they are heated through.
8. Sprinkle over parsley and serve on top of creamy mashed potato or steamed rice.
We've teamed up with Vanya from VJ Cooks to bring you this recipe. You can find her on Instagram @vj_cooks or on Facebook at