Vegetable & Lentil Stew
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 small leeks, trimmed, washed and sliced
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, trimmed, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 3 cups vegetable stock*
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed, drained
- Juice of 1 lime
- Cooked rice, to serve
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Coriander, chopped, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced)
2. Heat oil in a large, flameproof casserole dish on high. Sauté leek, parsnip, celery, carrot and garlic for 4-5 minutes, until tender. Add spices and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
3. Stir in vegetable stock, tomatoes, red lentils and bring to a boil.
4. Bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for a further 10-15 minutes, until lentils are tender. Stir in lime juice.
5. Serve with rice, lime wedges and coriander.
*Check that the vegetable stock is Gluten Free.
PER SERVE • Energy 1417Kj • Protein 16g • Total Fat 5g • Saturated Fat 1g • Carbohydrates 48g • Sugars 17g • Sodium 709mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation