Cauliflower & Parsnip Soup
- 40g butter
- 2 large brown onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 cups vegetable stock*
- 1.2kg cauliflower, cut into florets
- 250g parsnips, peeled, core removed and roughly chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/4 cup cream
- 2 tsp parsley, finely chopped
1. In a large frying pan, add butter and onion. Stir, until softened. Add garlic and keep stirring, until fragrant. Add stock and bring to the boil.
2. Transfer onion mixture to 4.5-litre slow cooker with cauliflower, parsnip and the water. Cook covered on low for 6 ½ hours.
3. Allow to cool, then blend or process soup in batches, until smooth and return to the cooker. Stir in cream. Cook, covered, on high, about 30 minutes or until soup is hot. Season to taste. Sprinkle with parsley.
*Check that the vegetable stock is Gluten Free.
PER SERVE • Energy 1098Kj • Protein 3g • Total Fat 22g • Saturated Fat 14g • Carbohydrates 14g • Sugars 9g • Sodium 757mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation