Lamb & Chickpea Soup
- Olive oil spray
- 500g diced lamb
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp Moroccan seasoning
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2 x 400g canned chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 2 cup salt-reduced chicken stock*
- 1 cup water
- Coriander leaves, to serve
1. Spray a saucepan with olive oil spray and heat on high. Cook lamb in batches, for 3 minutes, until browned. Remove from the pan.
2. Reduce heat to medium. Cook onion and garlic for 3 minutes until onion is soft. Return lamb to pan with Moroccan seasoning and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
3. Add tomatoes, chickpeas, stock and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 45 minutes, covered, until lamb is tender.
4. Ladle into serving bowls, scatter with coriander leaves and serve.
*Check that the chicken stock is Gluten Free.
PER SERVE • Energy 1705Kj • Protein 22g • Total Fat 27g • Saturated Fat 11g • Carbohydrates 16g • Sugars 4g • Sodium 546mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation