Chicken & Leek Sausage Rolls
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, well washed, sliced
- 500g lean chicken mince
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 Tbsp chives, chopped
- 2 sheets frozen reduced-fat puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- Tomato sauce, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium. Cook leeks, stirring for 4-5 minutes, until soft but not browned. Transfer to a bowl. Cool.
3. Add chicken mince, carrot and chives to the leeks and use hands to mix well. Cut pastry sheets in half. Divide mince mixture into four equal portions.
4. Using wet hands, roll one portion of mince mixture into a long sausage shape. Place sausage on one piece of pastry, about 3cm from one long edge. Brush edge of pastry with water. Fold pastry over and press the edge to seal. Place the roll seam side down and cut into five pieces. Place on a prepared
tray. Repeat with remaining mince mixture and pastry.
5. Brush each sausage roll lightly with the beaten egg and sprinkle over poppy seeds. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until puffed and golden. Serve sausage rolls with tomato sauce.
• Energy 772Kj • Protein 14g • Total Fat 7g • Saturated Fat 3g • Carbohydrates 16g • Sugars 3g • Sodium 117mg
Dietary and nutritional info supplied by NZ Nutrition Foundation.