The MacPherson Diaries’ Salmon and Cheese Frittata
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup water
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp vegetable (cooking) oil
- ½ cup baby peas
- 100g cream cheese
- 200g smoked salmon
- ½ lemon
- ½ tsp olive oil
- Green salad, to serve
- Fresh bread, to serve
1. Pre-heat your oven grill to 220°.
2. Into a medium bowl, crack eggs, add water, season with salt & pepper and then whisk to combine.
3. Place a medium ovenproof pan over a low-medium heat and add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil.
4. Add the egg mixture to the pan and scatter the frozen peas over top. Dollop spoonful’s of the cream cheese over the egg mix.
5. Drape the smoked salmon into the egg mix (I like to leave some sticking up so that it is visible when served).
6. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the egg mix on the bottom is starting to solidify, but the top is still wobbly.
7. Place the pan under the grill and cook until the egg is fully done (a further 2-3 minutes).
8. Remove from the oven and squeeze over a little lemon and drizzle with olive oil.
9. Serve with a crisp green salad and fresh bread.
We've teamed up with Jana from The MacPherson Diaries to bring you this recipe. You can find her on Instagram @the_macpherson_diaries or on Facebook at