Date and Orange Griddle Scones
- 1 Countdown Pancake Mix Original Shaker
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup chopped dates
- 2 Tbsp orange zest
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp butter, plus extra to serve
1. Make the shaker up with half the recommended water and add in the baking powder. Empty the mixture into a bowl. Add the chopped dates and orange zest. Add the flour to make it easy to handle, until it becomes like a soft scone mixture.
2. In a 23cm frying pan, melt the butter on a low heat. Make the dough into a circle roughly to fit into your pan, approximately 2cm in height. Lift carefully into the pan.
3. Cook for 4 or 5 minutes until just starting to set. With a sharp knife cut into eight triangles, without cutting through to the pan. Flip and cook the other side.
4. Remove and cool before breaking up. Serve warm with butter, jam and lightly whipped cream.