Ganesh's Bacon & Spinach Pasta
- Salt, to taste
- 400g penne pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 Rashers of streaky bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g spinach leaves
- 250ml cream
- 1 cup Parmesan, grated
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
1. In a saucepan salt the water, just enough so you can taste it, and bring to a boil. Pour in the pasta and cook as per packet instructions. Drain well and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a pan. Fry the bacon until crispy. Remove and set aside on a paper towel.
3. Using the same pan, add the onions and cook till translucent. Then add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the spinach and stir till it wilts. Add the cream and bring to a boil. Take it off the heat.
4. Add bacon, Parmesan and parsley. Place everything in the same pan/pot and give it a good mix, stirring to coat the pasta in the sauce.