Mike's Dijon Chicken with Lentils
- 1 size 14 chicken, portioned into 8 pieces
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 500ml chicken stock
- 400g tin lentils
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup fresh curly parsley, chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh Parmesan, finely grated
- 1 loaf crusty white bread, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 160ºC (140ºC fan-forced) Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and sear the chicken until browned. Place in a large ovenproof casserole dish along with the mustard, chicken stock, lentils and bay leaves. Cover and in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and cook for a further 20-30 minutes.
3. Sprinkle over the chopped parsley and Parmesan, and serve with the crusty bread.