Ganesh's Pork Pot Stickers
- 250g pork mince
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 24 dumpling wrappers
- 2 Tbsp cornflour
- Small bowl of water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- Sauce: Mixture of soy, sesame oil and oyster sauce – to taste
1. In a large bowl, mix the pork, sesame oil and soy together. Add the ginger, garlic and white pepper and combine thoroughly.
2. Lay a dumpling wrapper on a clean surface. Dust lightly with a little cornflour. Place 1 teaspoon of pork mix in the middle of the wrapper. Wet the tip of a finger in a bowl of water and wipe around the edge of the top semicircle of the wrapper. Fold the wrapper over to create an encased semicircle. Then pinch and pleat to seal the edge.
3. Complete all the dumplings. Dust the counter with cornflour and place the dumplings on it. It will keep them from sticking.
4. Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the pot stickers with the flat side down. Cook on medium for 2 minutes till the bottom browns. Pour ½ to 1 cm of water into the pan and bring to a boil.
5. Simmer for 6-8 minutes or until the water is evaporated. Once the water is gone they will go crisp on the bottom again. Remove from the heat.
6. Serve with spring onions and dipping sauce.