Mike's Homemade Wholemeal Ham & Pineapple Pizza
- 200ml warm water
- 10g dried yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 115g wholemeal flour
- 250g high grade flour
- 12g salt
- 20ml olive oil
- 100g tasty cheese, grated
- 1 packet sliced cured ham
- 1/4 pineapple, peeled, sliced thin and then into cubes
- Chunky pizza tomato sauce:
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g tin whole peeled tomatoes
- Leaves from 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 Tbsp honey
1. Place warm water in a small bowl and sprinkle the yeast into it. Add sugar and leave to ferment for 10 minutes. In a large bowl combine flours and salt.
2. Add oil to fermenting yeast, and then pour into the flour mix. Mix with the end of a wooden spoon until it comes together. Tip out onto the bench and knead for 5-8 minutes. Place the dough in a clean bowl and cover with a damp, clean tea towel.
3. Leave in a warm place until doubled in size. Knock dough back and form into 100g balls. Cover and rest for 10 minutes. Using a rolling pin, roll balls out into pizza bases and place on baking trays or in pizza trays.
4. Preheat oven to 220ºC (200ºC fan-forced).
5. To make the tomato sauce, combine all ingredients in a saucepan and place over a medium heat. Simmer for 15 minutes or until reduced by about one third.
6. Spread pizza sauce over bases, then sprinkle a little cheese followed by the ham and pineapple. Finish with a little more cheese over pizzas, season, and cook in oven for 10 minutes.