Mike's Sticky Ribs
- 2.5kg pork ribs
- 5 star anise
- 1 Tbsp salt, plus ½ tsp for the dry rub mix
- 5 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp peppercorns
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Rib Glaze
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 red chilli, seedless, finely diced
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan-forced)
2. In a large saucepan, add ribs, star anise, salt, bay leaves and peppercorns and cover with water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Drain well and turn bones out onto an oven tray.
3. In a small bowl, mix remaining salt, paprika, herbs and sugar, and coat ribs with dry rub. Roast for 30 minutes.
4. While the ribs are roasting, make the rib glaze. In a medium bowl, mix all glaze ingredients together. Remove ribs from oven and spoon over glaze and return glazed ribs to oven for a further 10 minutes.
5. To serve, arrange ribs on a large serving dish and spoon over any excess glaze.