Ganesh's Slow Cooked Butter Chicken
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup onions, sliced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1kg chicken legs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of basmati rice (cooked)
- 1/4 cup coriander, chopped to serve
1. In a large bowl, mix chopped tomatoes, chicken stock, garam masala, coriander powder, turmeric, salt and pepper.
2. Heat a pan over medium heat. Add the oil and fry the onions until translucent. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Place the chicken into a slow cooker. Cover with the tomato liquid mixture. Then add in the onion, garlic and ginger mixture. Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
4. When the chicken is cooked and tender mix in the cream, butter, sugar and lemon juice.
5. Season to taste, and garnish with coriander. Serve with rice.