Mike's Throw out Roasted Vegetable Salad
- 6 parsnips, carrots, courgette or 1 buttercup, cut into long wedges
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- ½ tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Warm chickpea salsa
- 5 Tbsp oil
- 330ml can chickpeas, washed, rinsed and dried
- 2 tomatoes, finely diced
- ½ cup parsley, roughly chopped (reserve some for garnish)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 160ºC (140ºC fan-forced). Place the vegetables into a large bowl and toss through oil, paprika and salt. Then put into a roasting tray, ensuring all the veggies are in a single layer. Bake for 20 minutes before tossing and cooking for a further 5 minutes.
2. While the vegetables are roasting make the chickpea salad. Heat a frying pan and add 2 tablespoons of the oil, quickly sauté the chickpeas until they are golden and crunchy.
3. Place chickpeas into a bowl and combine all the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Once the vegetables are cooked and whilst they are still hot, toss through the chickpea salad, garnish and serve.