Mike's Oatmeal Slice with Avocado Butter
- 2 Tbsp dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp dates, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp roasted almonds, crushed
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 200g wholemeal oats
- Pinch of salt
- 100g butter
- 50g brown sugar
- 85g honey
- Avocado butter
- 2 ripe avocados
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 160ºC (140ºC fan-forced) and line a 20x30cm baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. In a medium bowl, add apricots, dates, almonds, pumpkin seeds, oats and salt. Mix together.
3. In a saucepan, heat butter, sugar and honey over a medium heat, bring to a simmer and cook until a light brown colour. Pour immediately over other ingredients and stir to combine.
4. Spoon mixture onto baking tray and press down lightly by hand. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. When cool, cut into bars.
5. To make the avocado butter, mash together avocado and lemon juice. Season to taste. Serve with oatmeal slices.