Nut Stuffed Mushroom
- 6 large brown mushrooms, stalks removed
- 2 slices bread
- 2 Tbsp roughly chopped red onion
- 25g butter, melted, plus 1 Tbsp extra
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup parsley
- ½ block Countdown Haloumi, cut into 6 slices
1. Preheat an oven to 180°C.
2. Place the mushrooms stalk side up onto an ovenproof tray.
3. Into a food processor place the mushroom stalks, bread, onion, butter, walnuts and parsley. Blitz well to combine.
4. Spoon the mixture onto the mushrooms and top with a slice of haloumi.
5. Brush with the extra butter then place into the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.
6. Serve while warm.