Bacon Wrapped Haloumi with Pea Salad
- 1 Countdown Haloumi Cheese, cut into 16 pieces
- 16 sage leaves
- 8 slices streaky bacon, halved
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 2 cups frozen peas, blanched
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest, plus 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat an oven grill to high.
2. Place a sage leaf on each piece of haloumi and then wrap in a bacon strip then place onto an oven tray. Repeat with remaining haloumi pieces.
3. Place under the grill for 4 minutes. Remove from the oven, turn to the other side and grill for another 2 to 3 minutes until golden and crispy. Remove from the oven and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, peas, lemon zest, juice and olive oil. Top with the warm haloumi pieces to serve.
Tip: Serve the bacon wrapped haloumi as a nibble with a toothpick and dipping sauce.