Haloumi Chips with Aioli
- 1 Countdown Haloumi Cheese
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- ¼ cup flour, for dusting
- 1 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp chopped thyme
- Oil for frying
- Aioli, to serve
1. Cut the haloumi into 1 x 1 cm sticks and dry with a paper towel.
2. Place the egg into a bowl and the flour into another bowl. In a third bowl, combine the thyme with the breadcrumbs.
3. Lightly dust the chips in the flour, dip into the egg and then toss in the breadcrumbs. Place onto a piece of baking paper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
4. Heat a frying pan with 2 cm of neutral (flavourless) oil to a medium heat. Cook a few chips at a time, turning once for even browning.
5. Serve hot with a side of aioli.