Ganesh's Freedom Vegetable & Prawn Stir-Fry
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cups of frozen prawns, thawed
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 4 stalks of ‘green’ vegetables or 1 head of broccoli (chopped)
- 1 spring onion, chopped
1. To cook the rice, first wash the rice thoroughly until the water is almost clear. This clears the starches and keeps the rice fluffy. In a pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Every cup of rice needs 2 cups of water. Add the rice and stir to break the rice up.
2. Turn the flame or heat setting down to its minimum and cover the pot with a lid and let it simmer for about 17-19 minutes. Let the rice sit with the lid on for about 5 minutes. Fluff it up with a fork.
3. Preparation is important for the stir fry. Make sure you have all the ingredients pre-cut and ready to go. In a small bowl, combine the soy, sesame oil, oyster sauce, salt and pepper so.
4. Heat the oil in a pan on medium to high heat. Add onion and garlic and stir for 3 minutes. Then add prawns and fry until just pink. Add all remaining vegetables and pour in the sauce mix and fry quickly for 2 minutes.
5. Serve with the rice and enjoy.