Teash's Creamy Vegan Basil and Mushroom Pasta
- 200g dried spaghetti
- 1 cup of cashews
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 courgette, diced
- 50g button mushrooms, diced
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
1. In a heat proof bowl, cover the cashews with at least a cup of boiled water and soak for 5-10 minutes. Drain, and reserve the water.
2. In a saucepan, cook the pasta in boiling water.
3. Heat the oil in a medium-sized frying pan and sauté the mushrooms and courgette until soft.
4. In a blender place drained, soft cashews, basil leaves, nutritional yeast and a cup of water the cashews were soaking in. Blend until creamy. Taste and add more basil to your liking.
5. Add sauce to the courgette and mushrooms. Add the cooked pasta and mix all ingredients together.
6. Add cherry tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Tip: To make this gluten free simply swap out the pasta type