Scott's Nana Golly's Pumpkin, Bacon and Corn Chowder
- 1 medium to large whole crown pumpkin
- Salt, to season
- 25g butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 500g streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 Tbsp powdered chicken stock
- 2 x 400g cans creamed corn
- Handful chives, chopped
- 100ml cream, optional
1. Peel and dice the whole pumpkin, removing skin and seeds. Boil in a large pot of salted water until cooked.
2. In a frying pan, add butter, onion, bacon and chicken stock and cook for 5-6 minutes.
3. Once pumpkin is cooked, drain and reserve the water from the pot. Mash the pumpkin.
4. Add onion and bacon mix and the creamed corn to the mashed pumpkin. Mix together.
5. Thin the mixture with the reserved water from the pumpkin, until you get your desired consistency.
6. Reheat and serve garnished with chopped chives and a swirl of cream.